CURRENT AFFAIRS OCT 2012
1. Modernization of Indian Railways Agreement is signed by which two countries?
Ans. India and Belgium
2. Who is appointed as the new Vice Chancellor of Indira Gandhi National Open University
Ans. Gopinath Pradhan
3. Which bank in India get the Banking Technology excellence Award recently?
Ans. South Indian Bank
4. Geeta Chaudhary is associated with which sports item?
5. Which company has been ranked by Forbes on August 2012 as the first among the World’s
25 largest oil companies?
Ans. Saudi Aramco
6. Which sports person became the most decorated Olympian of all time with 19 medals after
winning a gold medal in the 4/200 meeter freestyle relay in London Olympics 2012?
Ans. Michael Phelps
CURRENT AFFAIRS AUGUST 2012
How many medals India won in the recently concluded
London Olympics 2012?
2 Which PSU has recently been awarded with “Rashtriya
Khel Protsahan Puruskar” in 2012 in the “Community
Sports Identification and Nurturing of Budding Young
3 Hamid Ansari has recently won the Vice Presidential
election to be re-elected as Vice President of India.
With this he became India’s ___ th Vice President?
4. Indian Post has chosen which IT company to help
them transform their business and modernize their
entire financial system?
CURRENT AFFAIRS JULY 2012
1 Which Tech giant has recently launched tab computer called “Nexus”?
2 Real estate developer True Value Homes (TVH) has signed which sportsman as its new brand
A) Sachin Tendulkar
B) Viswanathan Anand
C) Saina Nehwal
D) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
3 Which in the list was termed as the fastest computer in the world recently?
B) K Computer
4 Auto Giant BWM has signed which sportsman as its new brand ambassador recently?
A) Sachin Tendulkar
B) Viswanathan Anand
C) Saina Nehwal
D) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
. Continue reading
.CURRENT AFFAIRS MAY 2012
1. What is the new name of Russian nuclear powered submarine k- 152 Nerpa after that handed over to
Ans. INS Chakra
2. Who is the author of the book ‘My Unforgettable Memories’ ?
Ans. Mamata Banerjee
3. Who is the present Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh?
Ans. Nabam Tuki
4. Whose Auto Biography is called ‘Prisoner 5990’ ?
Ans. R. Balakrishna Pilla
5. Where in India, largest solar power plant with an installed capacity of 40 MW started producing
Ans. Pokhran in Rajasthan
Current Affairs April 2012
1. Name the freedom fighter with picture of whom Rs.5 coin would
be introduced by RBI.
Ans. Bhagat Singh
2. Name the news search engine introduced by Rediff.com
Ans. Relatime News Search
3. Tiger brand is associated with which company?
4. Name the cricketer who was honoured with lifetime membership
of the Sydney Cricket Ground.
Ans. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Which country has been ranked as the world’s richest country
in the list compiled by US magazine Forbes?
6. Which country did India beat to qualify for London Olympics
men’s hockey 2012?
Current Affairs March 2012
Who is appointed as Wipro’s banking head?
Where in India 3-day gaming carnival will be held from 6th of April
Ayatti Resort, Greater Noida
Who was named as the winner of the Templeton Prize 2012 for his
contribution to affirming life’s spiritual dimension?
Name the bill passed against conduct of any constitutional authority
Judicial Accountability Bill
What 2 agreements were signed by the development banks of BRICS
countries to boost trade within BRICS nations?
Providing credit facility in local currencies and Facilitating
multilateral Letter of Credit
Name the Malaysian financial services group who would deploy the
banking solution of Tata Consultancy Services.
Current Affairs – 2012- February
1. The World’s Youngest MCP and CCNA, who has exceptionally
highest IQ in the world ?
Vishalini 11 year old Indian girl Vishalini, Born in
Thirunelveli, a small city of Tamil Nadu.
2. Name the Pakistani cricketer who was released from jail
because of good behaviour after serving half of his 6 month
3. Which author’s autobiography release was cancelled at the
Kolkata Book Fair?
4. Name the luxury watch collection launched by Seiko Watch
India at a price range of Rs.1-5 lakh per piece.
5. What value of overseas inflow was injected into Indian
markets in January 2012?
Rs.26,000 crore (US$5.08 billion)
Current Affairs – 2012- January
1. Youngest ever Microsoft Certified Professional who died
recently at the age of 16 ?
Arfa Karim Randhawa
2. What is the total number of districts in Chhattisgarh as on
1st January 2012?
3. Where the Coastal Business Development Summit is is held?
4. Name the DGP replacing outgoing chief Sankar Baruah
Jayanta Narayan Choudhury
5. Where National Kannada conference is is set to be held in the
month of April?
1. Which is the oldest parliamentary democracy in the world? : Great Britain
2. What is the holy book of Parsis called? : The Zend Avesta
3. Which city was founded by Alexander the Great in Egypt? : Alexandria
4. Who was known as Maid Of Orleans? : Joan of Arc
5. What is the Japanese parliament called? : Diet
6. Who was the German-Jewish girl who hid in an Amsterdam attic during WW II and wrote a diary which later became famous? : Anne Frank
7. Which Roman emperor build Byzantium?: Constantine
8. Which is the largest pyramid?
FIRST In WORLD and India:
1. First American President to visit China: Richard Nixon (In 1972)
2. First American President to Visit India: Dwight Eisenhower (in 1959)
3. First Asian Games held: New Delhi (1951)
4. First Asian to win Nobel Prize for Literature: Rabindranath Tagore (India 1913)
5. First Asian Woman to cross the English Channel: Aarti Saha (India 1959)
6. First Bowler to claim hatrick in successive tests : Wasim Akram
7. First Chinese Piligrim to visit India: Fahien (401- 410)
8. First Cricketer to achieve a hatrick in both innings of a test match: Thomas James Matthews (Australia in 1912).
9. First European Invader of India: Alexander (Greece in 326 BC)
Taglines and brands of major companies:
ABN AMRO Bank – Making More Possible
Accenture – High Performance. Delivered
Adobe - Simplicity at work. Better by adobe.
AIG or American International Group Insurance Company – We know Money
AirAsia – Now Everyone Can Fly
Air Canada – A breath of Fresh Air
Allianz Group - The Power on your side
A GLANCE AT INDIAN AGRICULTURE:
Share of agriculture in the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) has dropped by nearly 5 per cent in the last eight years to 14 per cent, due to higher growth in other sectors.
Agriculture & Allied sectors which used to contribute 19 per cent of GDP in 2004-05 has come down to 14 per cent in 2011-12 at 2004-05 prices, according to government data.
The percentage has been declining gradually with the passing of years.
1. Who built Eiffel Tower: Gustave Eiffel (French Engineer)
2. Which country invented the atom bomb: USA
3. The software named “SEAMONKEY” is used in computer to: To browse the internet
4. Branch of Science which deals with cause of diseases is: Etiology
5. Who is the inventor of computer: Charles Babbage
1. Which of the following is the greatest source of power production in India?
(1) Thermal power
(2) Hydro Electric power
(3) Atomic power
(4) Wind power
(5) Tidal power.
2. Sandal wood is mainly produced in _____
(1) Tropical dry deciduous forests.
(2) Thorn forests.
(3) Tropical wet Evergreen and Semi-evergreen forests.
(4) Tropical moist deciduous forests.
(5) None of the above.
3. Identify the incorrect statement ____
(1) China and India are the leading rice producers in the world.
(2) USA and Russia are the leading wheat producing nations.
(3) India and Srilanka lead in Tea production.
(4) More than one of the above statements.
(5) None of the above statements.
4. Identify the incorrect match. International organization Location of headquarters
1) The Asian Development Bank Manila, The Philippines
2) The Common Wealth, London
3) SAARC ,Kathmandu
4) Red cross, Geneva
5) European Union, Paris