Budget : Income tax exemption raised to 2 lakhs
Exemption comes from the Latin word Exemptionem which means a removal or a pulling out. Exemption means pretty much the same thing, except that it has softer undertones. An exemption can be considered as something pardoned or allowed where others were not so lucky. As in an exemption to the rule.
1. The act or an instance of exempting.
2. The state of being exempt; immunity.
3. One that is exempted, especially an amount of income that is exempted from taxation.
I was granted an exemption from the test as my grandfather had died. (He has died about 12 times now….true story…)
An exemption sets a bad precedence. (True that…)
FDI in aviation under consideration
This word is very simply derived from the Latin word ‘Avis’ which means a bird. SO aviation very simply means anything that is connected to flight. Used mostly to denote the airline industry or airline manufacture (mostly military applications) etc.
1. The operation of aircraft.
2. The design, development, and production of aircraft.
3. Military aircraft.
The aviation industry has grown by leaps and bounds within the past 5 decades. (True that…)
The next hurdle for aviation is space. (True that…)
Pranab proposes to ease subsidy burden
I know you all think you know the word (idiots) but it has far too many uses that you must be unaware of other that the one you all are aware of. The word propose comes from pro which means forth and poser which means to put or place. The meaning simply is to place an offer on the table or to somebody. The sense of marriage proposal came sometime in the 18th century. Also, at that time marriage was for convenience rather than love, etc. (That is why they used to last in the old days) it was more of a contract that was proposed. Read all the meanings given…
1. To put forward for consideration, discussion, or adoption; suggest: propose a change in the law.
2. To recommend (a person) for a position, office, or membership; nominate.
3. To offer (a toast to be drunk).
4. To make known as one’s intention; purpose or intend: proposed to buy and run a farm.
I propose a toast to our friend who is to propose to his friend the idea of him proposing to his lover. (Legit…)
I would rather die than propose to anyone. (Still a child…)
This comes from the French word of the same spelling; but in French it means aid or help. In English it usually means the monetary compensation offered by a government to a person or a group in support of a scheme said to be in aid of the public at large…
1. Monetary assistance granted by a government to a person or group in support of an enterprise regarded as being in the public interest.
2. Financial assistance given by one person or government to another.
3. Money formerly granted to the British Crown by Parliament.
The government should seriously increase the amount of subsidies that it offers. (Just opinion…)
The easiest thing to misuse in India is a subsidy. (True that…)
Reports on threat of sanctions speculative
Speculate is the back formation of the word speculation. Speculate can be understood as a cross between a Gedanken and a hypothetical scenario using real life and current variables. If you understood this definition, you have understood the word speculate.
1. To meditate on a subject; reflect.
2. To engage in a course of reasoning often based on inconclusive evidence. See Synonyms at think.
3. To engage in the buying or selling of a commodity with an element of risk on the chance of profit.
Speculating on the Stock market takes a lot of guts. (True that…)
Many a times it is speculation that has ruined every good deed. (True that…)