1. Which is the oldest parliamentary democracy in the world? : Great Britain
2. What is the holy book of Parsis called? : The Zend Avesta
3. Which city was founded by Alexander the Great in Egypt? : Alexandria
4. Who was known as Maid Of Orleans? : Joan of Arc
5. What is the Japanese parliament called? : Diet
6. Who was the German-Jewish girl who hid in an Amsterdam attic during WW II and wrote a diary which later became famous? : Anne Frank
7. Which Roman emperor build Byzantium?: Constantine
8. Which is the largest pyramid?
FIRST In WORLD and India:
1. First American President to visit China: Richard Nixon (In 1972)
2. First American President to Visit India: Dwight Eisenhower (in 1959)
3. First Asian Games held: New Delhi (1951)
4. First Asian to win Nobel Prize for Literature: Rabindranath Tagore (India 1913)
5. First Asian Woman to cross the English Channel: Aarti Saha (India 1959)
6. First Bowler to claim hatrick in successive tests : Wasim Akram
7. First Chinese Piligrim to visit India: Fahien (401- 410)
8. First Cricketer to achieve a hatrick in both innings of a test match: Thomas James Matthews (Australia in 1912).
9. First European Invader of India: Alexander (Greece in 326 BC)
1. Who built Eiffel Tower: Gustave Eiffel (French Engineer)
2. Which country invented the atom bomb: USA
3. The software named “SEAMONKEY” is used in computer to: To browse the internet
4. Branch of Science which deals with cause of diseases is: Etiology
5. Who is the inventor of computer: Charles Babbage
Gambia Decided To Withdraw From The Commonwealth
The Gambia is on 2 October decided to withdraw from the Commonwealth, 48 years after joining. Gambian, a West African country joined the Commonwealth of Nations in 1965.The last country to be withdrawn from the Commonwealth group was Zimbabwe in 2003.The Commonwealth of Nations is a voluntary association of 54 countries, many of them former territories of the British Empire. It was established in 1949.
China and EU Signed Bilateral Currency Swap Agreement
China and the European Union signed a 350 billion yuan (45 billion euro) currency swap agreement on 10 October.The agreement signed between the People’s Bank of China and the European Central Bank (ECB), aims to support bilateral trade and protect financial stability.
1. Tony Abbott , Leader of the Liberal Party elected as the Prime Minister of Australia on 8 October.Liberal Party won the 44th Parliamentary elections. Liberal Party defeated the in-power Labor Party in the general elections held on 7 September 2013 to return back in power as the Liberal-National coalition for the first time in six years.With this win, Tony Abbott the leader of the Liberal-National Coalition will become the Prime Minister of the Country and successor of Kevin Rudd of the Labor Party.The coalition won 88 seats in the 150 seat Parliament. The ruling Labor Party was successful in winning 57 seats.
2. The United States and Russia have on 14 September agreed on a framework for removing chemical weapons from Syria .The break- through was announced after three day talks between the US Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in Geneva.The USA and Russia have agreed that Syria’s chemical weapons must be destroyed or removed by mid-2014. USA outlined a six-point framework under which Syria must hand over a full list of its stockpile within a week.
SNAP 2013 MOCK-3 will be conducted in two different time slots , 12:00 pm and 3pm.
1) Which country blocked the import of milk powder from New Zealand in the month of August 2013 after it discovered bacteria that can lead to botulism in some of its dairy products ?
2) On 20 August 2013 the US has imposed sanctions on a Pakistani ————— being used for training bomb makers and suicide attackers for the LeT and Al-Qaeda, the first time such action has been takenagainst a seminary?
3) Which country court has disqualified the country’s largest Islamic party from taking part in the nextGeneral election?
4) Who was declared open the new International Container Terminal of the Colombo harbour on 5 August 2013?
Ans:- Sri Lanka’s President, MahindaRajapakse
5) In the month of August which country released the world’s first zinc-enriched rice variety capable of fighting diarrhoea and pneumonia-induced childhood deaths and stunted growth ?
1) Name the two countries that offered asylum to US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden, on 6 July 2013, who is waiting at a Moscow airport for some nation to offer him sanctuary?
Ans:- Venezuela and Nicaragua
2) The European Union (EU) launched the first formal trade dispute with Russia at the ———– ?
Ans:- World Trade Organisation (WTO)
3) Which party scored victory in the General Elections held in Bhutan for Nation Assembly, country’s parliament?
Ans:- People’s Democratic Party – PDP
4) Which country has legalized gay marriage on 17th July 2013?
5) Which country moved to put more than 25,000 state workers on notice for dismissal by the end of the year ?
1) According to EU new Nuclear Safety rules ,for how many years European countries to submit to an international review of their nuclear power systems to fix any discovered shortcomings ?
2) What is the name of the whistleblower who exposed the US Government’s internet spy program and who is being wanted by the CIA presently?
Ans:- Edward Snowden
3) Which country recently became the first European and NATO member country to make military services obligatory for males as well as the females?
4) Which country Lower House Parliament on 11 June 2013 approved the anti-gay bill that bans providing children any information about homosexuality in the country ?
1) Which organization representatives agreed to widen and strengthen regional cooperation to promote the integral development of those territories on 4 May 2013?
Ans:- ACTO(Amazon Cooperation Treaty Organization)
2) Who elected as a Prime Minister of Pakistan on 14 May 2013?
Ans:- Nawaz Sharif
INDIA & WORLD
1) With how many votes UN General Assembly Approved Syria Resolution?
2) Which country PM talk with the Indian PM on a civil nuclear deal on 29 May 2013?
1. Who winner of the Venezuelan Presidential elections?
Ans:- Nicolas Maduro
2. When the US House of Representatives has passed the controversial Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protect Act (CISPA)?
Ans:-18 April 2013
3. Who is the present Italy’s President?
4. Who is the present President of Paraguay’s?
5. Which country is the first country in Europe to outlaw discrimination on caste?
6. Which of the two counries have singned for 51 joint projects worth two billion US dollars?
Ans:- Cuba and Venezuela
7. Who got the life ban from any elections in Pakistan by Peshawar high court?
1. Which two countries was reached an agreement on Prison Transfer on 23 March 2013?
Ans: US and Afghanistan
2.Which countries finance ministers had approved a new bailout plan for Cyprus,putting an end to uncertainties over the fate of the Mediterranean island country in the euro area ?
3. Which country and South Africa signed a number of agreements, focusing on trade, tourism, education and social cooperation on 27 March 2013 ?
4. On March 2013 South Korean and US troops launched a joint military exercise as ———
Ans: North Korea
5. In the month of March 2013 which country was declared an environmental state of emergency in Amazon jungle region ?
INDIA & WORLD
1.Which country have signed agreement with India to support R&D Projects on 13 March 2013?
2. Which country has signed seven agreements with India on 19 march 2013 ?
3. Which agreement was signed by India and 18 countries on 20 March 2013 ?
Ans: Social Security Agreements (SSAs)
4. In the month of March South Australia rolled out 10-year Plan to Enhance Trade with ———
5. Which country and India agreed to finalise the plan of bilateral exchanges between their armed forces and decided that the exchanges would be conducted between the Armies on 22 March 2013?
6. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa on 26 March 2013 barred players and officials of which country from featuring in IPL matches slated to be held in Tamil Nadu?
Ans: Sri Lanka
1.Who is the renowned Urdu poet commemorative postage stamp was released by President of India, Pranab Mukherjee on 8 March 2013 ?
2. Which of the following bill was approved by the Union Cabinet on 19 March 2013 ?
Ans: National Food Security Bill
3. On 21 March 2013 the Supreme Court upheld the death sentence of — in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case ?
Ans: Yakub Abdul RazzakMemon
4. Which bill was introduced in the Rajyasabha on 23 March 2013?
Ans: National Waterway Bill
5. Which scheme was launched by Ministry of Labour and Employment on 24 March 2013 ?
Ans: RashtriyaSwasthyaBimaYojana (RSBY)
6. Union government approved a 1500 crore Rupees proposal for production of more than 2000 rockets for the ———
Ans: Pinaka multi- barrel weapons system
7. Actor Sanjay Dutt was sentenced to 5-year prison by the Supreme Court on 21 March 2013 for his involvement in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case. What was his crime?
Ans: Illegal possession of arms
1. Which state Chief Minister has commissioned a biogas plant in the Government Secretariat campus on 23 March 2013 ?
2. Which state government to start recently monthly stipend for old writers and Litterateurs ?
Ans: West Bengal
3. Which state has became the first state to introduce e-GPF or electronic GPF in the month of March 2013 ?
Ans: Arunachal Pradesh
4. In the month of March 2013 the Union Ministry for Commerce, Industries and Textiles accepted Karnataka’s proposal to extend Chennai-Bangalore industrial corridor upto —
5. Recently ,which state government has unveiled the state Governments Aerospace policy , the first such policy statement in the country ?
6. What is the latest head-count of rhinos in Kaziranga National Park (KNP),Assam as per the census conducted in the park from 24 -26 March 2013?
7. Aishwarya oil field is located in which state of India, from where Cairn India commenced commercial oil production and sales on 23 March 2013?
1. The 24th Arab League Summit was held from 21 to 26 March 2013 at —
Ans: Doha (Qatar)
2. What was the name of a summit organized by Google in New Delhi on 21 March 2013?
Ans: Google Big Tent Activate Summit 2013
1. Which 3 countries leaders set out 6 months goal for peace, urge Taliban to dialogue on 4 February 2013 ?
Ans: Britain , Afghanistan , Pakistan.
2. What is the new name for Sindh province?
3. On February 2013 The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has approved a financial aid of $ 278.8 million to —?
4. On February 2013 Regional African leaders signed UN-brokered accord which aims to bring peace to the troubled eastern region of the –?
Ans: Democratic Republic of Congo
5. Which country prohibited its security forces from taking any air support from the International Forces on 18 February 2013 ?
6. Who had been elected as Cyprus new President on 24 February 2013 ?
CURRENT AFFAIRS JAN 2013
1. On 7 January who is the country Palestinian Authority President has issued a decree renaming the organization the “State of Palestine ?
Ans:- Mahmoud Abbas
2. On 16 January 2013 Which country Cargo Ship MV Amina fled away from the waters of Sri Lanka after suffering detention by its Navy for about two months ?
3. Which country president signed into law the Former Presidents Protection Act of 2012 on January 2013 ?
4. Which country Bar Council recently Suggested Chemical Castration for Repeated Sex Offenders ?
SNAP 2013 Classes
2:00 pm : SNAP 2013 Day 1 (“Introduction & Paper pattern”)
SNAP 2013 Classes
2:00 pm : SNAP 2013 (-Worksheets & Strategy Discussion )
SNAP 2013 MOCK-1 will be conducted in two different time slots , 12:00 pm and 3pm.
9:30 am : SNAP 2013 Classes(Continued)
Schedule for Saturday , 5th October
11 am:Algebra Workshop (Continued)
2 pm: RC Workshop (New Module)
4:30 pm: Para jumbles Workshop (New Module)
Schedule for Sunday , 6th October
11 am: Set Theory (New Module)